- Government has planned to construct Rashtriya Smriti as a permanent place for performing last rites for key personalities approved by government such as President, Vice President, Prime Minister etc...on the banks of river Yamuna.
- The proposed construction will be built such that large public audience can witness the happenings in it.
- By the year 2000, government has decided not to construct separate Samadhis for departed national leaders.
Sulfur dioxide emission on the rise
- According to the recent report from NASA (utilising satellite data), Sulfur dioxide emission in India has increased by 60 percent from 2005- 12.
- Sulfur dioxide is an important air pollutant and a main ingredient for producing acid rain.
- The main sources of sulfur dioxide are burning of fossil fuels, vehicular exhaust, volcanic eruptions etc...
- A car bomb exploded in Beirut extending the Syrian crisis to Lebanon soil.A influential member opposing the Syrian regime was killed in the attack.
- Iran has called for a direct talk with U.S officials in addition to the ongoing discussions with P5+1 group.
China's lends satellite service to attract its neighbors
- China announced its willingness to operate its home built Satellite Navigation System for free of charge to its neighbors.
- Sri Lanka was the first country to sign such an agreement with China.
- Bangladesh, Thailand,Sri lanka have also expressed their willingness to utilize the service of Beidou satellite network.
- BeiDou satellite navigation system will serve as an alternative to American GPS system.
- China plans to create a navigation system for the entire earth with a set of 35 satellites by 2020.
- BeiDou literally means Norther Dipper, a name given to the constellation consisting of seven stars, Ursa Major.
SEBI plans for new pension fund source
- SEBI has proposals for allowing mutual fund companies to offer pension plans to help elderly tap the high -risk-high- return equity market.
- There is also demand from SEBI for government to extend the tax breaks available to retirement savings to the new mutual fund run pension scheme.
- The new scheme will allow the retirement savers to choose from a mix of fixed income and equity investment options.
- The NPS schemes has got many restrictions( Compulsory for government employees,can't invest more than 8% in equity market ,provides only three options for investments)compared to the new proposal from SEBI.
- Mirabai and Harshdeep has set national records in the ongoing National weightlifting championship.