Directions (Q. 1-5): In the following questions, a sentence has been given with some of its parts in bold.To make the sentence grammatically correct, you have to replace the bold parts with the correct alternative give n below. If the sentence is correct as it is, give 5) as your answer (ie. No correction required).
1. ASEAN member countries and India share long-standing, close cultural, historical and economic bonds while common interests and similar positions on international issues.
1) With common interest 2) as well as common interests 3) have different interest 4) where all interest 5) No correction required
2. The management's philosophy was moulded on a firm commitment to Quality, Performance and Service.
1) will moulded on 2) were moulded on 3) was moulded at 4) was moulded on 5) No correction required
3. This country is bestowed within land river transportation to make the inland logistics viable and economical.
1) is bestowed at 2) was bestowed but 3) was not only bestowed 4) will not across 5) No correction required
4. We attach great importance to promote, upgrading, deepening bilateral relations with neighbouring, regional countries, major powers and traditional friends.
1) promoting, upgrading, and deepening 2) promote, upgrade and deepen 3) promoting, upgrade and deepen 4) diplomatic activities 5) No correction required
5. Due to the profound changes in the global and regional situation, we are fully aware that our national security and development are closely bonded with regional and global peace, stability and prosperity.
1) Bringing changes 2) Neither, in face of the profound changes 3) In face of the profound change 4) It's time to change 5) No correction required.
Directions (Q. 6-15): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. Find out the appropriate word/phrase in each case.
When we talk about wages in India then most workers earn Rs. 50-100 a day, 6 below the minimum wage and that 7 after a hard day 8 under the harsh sun. Workers suffer from the ailments usually associated with poverty and health problems. Moreover, several occupational hazards have been 9 in these workers, the most common 10 skin ulcers caused by constant exposure of their body. Exposure to bright, reflected light and dust leads to 11 loss of vision and growths in the cornea a of the eyes. Sometimes workers are also at higher risk for hypertension, 12 because of the impurity in their blood. It's also found that all the workers also have body pain in the back and shoulder region, which they attributed to 13 raw material all day. Infact many young women, children and other adults are not able to eat 14 meal because of the lack of 15 shelter around the pans. Therefore Indian government need to give their pay attention towards the workers to improve their livelihood.
6. 1) Writ 2) apparent 3) drove 4) far 5) away
7. 1) to 2) is 3) too 4) continue 5) makes
8. 1) suffering 2) crusader 3) dampen 4) trajected 5) toiling
9. 1) documented 2) malafide 3) asserting 4) misconstrued 5) vitiated
10. 1) efficacy 2) being 3) agilent 4) duo 5) amputate
11. 1) acquitted 2) harbour 3) premature 4) clamour 5) nought
12. 1) availing 2) strangulating 3) dumping 4) injecting 5) presumably
13. 1) brazenly 2) repealed 3) maligned 4) hauling 5) substantially
14. 1) a 2) these 3) their 4) that 5) the
15. 1) opioid 2) stigma 3) any 4) reinstate 5) portraying