1.The ratio between the speeds of two trains is 7 : 8. If the second train runs 400 km in 4 hours, What is the the speed of the first train?
a)85 km/hr b)87.5 km/hr
c)90 km/hr d)92.5 km/hr
2.A man in a train notices that he can count 21 telephone posts in one minute. If they are known to be 50 metres apart, at what speed is the train travelling?
a)61 km/hr b)56 km/hr
c)63 km/hr d)60 km/hr
3. A train is moving at the speed of 80 km/hr. What is its speed in metres per second?
a) 22 2/9 m/s b)22 m/s
c)21 1/9 m/s d)21 m/s
4. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 kmph and including stoppages, it is 45 kmph. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
a)12 b)11 c)10 d)9
5. Two trains one 260m and other 140m long are running in opposite direction on parallel lines. Speed of 1 st is 77 k/hr and others is 67 km/hr ,how long will take to cross each other?
6. A train 800m long running at the speed of 78km/hr will cross a tunnel in 1 min .The length of the tunnel is?
7.A train starts from station A at 10 am travels at 50km/hr toward s station 210 km away . Another train starts from B to A, at 12 pm and travels at 60km/hr . What distance from a will they meet?
A) 150 km b)200 km
c)180 km d)110 km
8. Two trains of length 130m and 110m run on parallel tracks. When running in the same direction faster train cross slower one in 20 sec. When running in opposite direction at their earlier speeds they pass each other completely in 12 sec. Find the speed of each train?
(a) 30m/s, 20 m/s (b) 16 m/s, 4 m/s
(c) 45 m/s, 27 m/s (d) 15 m/s, 5 m/s
(e) None of these
9. A 240m long train crosses a platform of equal length ini 27s. What is the speed of the train in kmph?
(a) 48 (b) 60
(c) 56 (d) 64
(e) None of these
10. A 360m long train runs at the speed of 80 kmph. In what time will the train crosses a man running at 8 kmph in the same direction of train?
(a) 16s (b) 18s (c) 20s
d) 15s (e) None of these