Directions : Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
1. I was filled with ........ while hearing my old favourite songs.
2. It is ........... that we should remember him on his birthday
3. His ways of doing things are ........ with my thinking and perceptions.
4. Lack of money ........ me badly in my pursuit of highter education
5. ........ of these measures in increasing agricultural production will be known shortly
6. He was very angry as usual. However, his angry words ........ me.
7. I was ......... in a lurch by all; even by my close friends
8 The peasant refused to grovel ... . . the feet of his master
9. It is dangerous to intrude ..... the enemy’s camp
10. President Saddam Hussein has lived ..... the gun all his life
11. The mother was anxious ....... the safety of her son.
12. A good judge never jumps ..... the conclusion
13. Please do not ..... me now, I am very busy. I will look into it tomorrow
14. A new shop ...... started in that building, since last week
b. would be
c. have been
d. has been
e. will be
15. The passengers were very happy .... the friendly and warm treatment given to them
Also Read :