• China was rocked by a series of bomb explosion occurred outside a provincial office of the ruling Communist Party in northern China. Chinese bombings were a series of 7 bomb explosions that took place in Taiyuan in Shanxi province’s top party committee leaving one person dead and 8 injured.
• Regional development bank Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide loan of $10 billion to India. ADB will give loan assistance of $2 billion yearly to India for continuous five years. India and ADB are agreed on this loan assistance starting from 2013 to 2017. This Multilateral lending agency is providing loan to create jobs, enhance investment reforms, and improve infrastructure.
• Russia made a worldwide history by launching an Olympic torch into space. The torch name is 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic torch. Due to the safety of its crew and to avoid wasting precious oxygen, the torch can’t be lit in space. Also it will not be burnt inside the International Space Station.
• Emomali Rakhmon has again won the election of the President of Tajikistan. Central Election Commission (CEC) announced that Rakhmon, who is from People's Democratic Party of Tajikistan (PDPT), has been re-elected as President by popular vote. However this will be his last presidential term under the Constitution rules.
• Telecom firm Uninor Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Yogesh Malik has resigned from the Norwegian telecom giant Telenor’s India unit due to some personal reasons. The reasons for the same have not been disclosed by Malik yet. The telecom firm is in search of it new CEO.
• Prem Narain is the new secretary of Overseas Indian Affairs Ministry. The Indian government appointed Prem in place of Rajiv Mehrishi, an IAS officer, who has been made new Secretary in Department of Fertilisers.
• “'MALABAR 2013”, a four day joint naval exercise between US and India began in Bay of Bengal. This multilateral exercise includes various activities starting from fighter combat operations, aircraft carriers, through Maritime Interdiction Operations Exercises. This naval exercise improves multinational maritime relationship and security issues between countries. For the first time, a missile-guided destroyer USS MCCampbell has been used by the Indian Navy in this joint exercise.
• The fourth generation advanced jet trainer aircraft Hawk 132 has been introduced in Indian Nevy. The sophisticated aircraft was inducted into the navy at the Naval Air Station INS Dega in Visakhapatnam. Hawk 132 has been jointly built by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and British Aerospace, UK.
• Renowned cooking expert, Tarla Dalal who is also called India’s recipe queen breathed her last following a cardiac arrest in Mumbai. 77 year old well known cookbook writer was author of over 100 cooking books. The Padma Shri awardee Tarla Dalal has also hosted famous cookery show based on her recipes “Cook it up with Tarla Dalal” and “Tarla Dalal show”. One of the first celebrity chefs of India, Dalal’s books “Delicious Diabetic Recipes: Low Calorie Cooking” and “The Pleasures of Vegetarian Cooking” have been her best selling cooking books.
• The 53rd World FIDE Chess Championship started on a high note in Chennai. The championship match between the defending world champion and the title holder Vishwanathan Anand and challenger Norwegian grand master Magnus Carlsen was formally inaugurated by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa at the Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium. The prize money of this battle is Rs.14 Crores.