• Russia launched a Proton-M carrier rocket with defense satellite from the Baikonur space center in Kazakhstan. The most popular rocket of Russia carries Raduga-1M satellite is a third-generation defense satellite with multichannel transponder equipment.
• The 19th session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nation Framework Convention on Climate change (UNFCCC) and the 9th session of the Conference of the Parties serving as the Meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol has commenced from November 11 and continued until November 22 in Warsaw, Poland. More than 190 countries participating in this conference will discuss about Global Climate Fund (GCF), global climate change issues, plans and solutions.
• To create awareness among the public about the need for maintaining a healthy lifestyle in order to avoid diabetes, World Diabetes Day was observed on November 14 across the world. Various programs to mark this annual event were organized by hospitals and health clubs. The theme for 2009-13 is Education and Prevention.
• Bulgarian diplomat Irina Bokova has been re-elected as Director General of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). 61 years old Bokova will work with UNESCO for the second 4 year term.
• Retired IAS officer Krishna Mohan has been appointed as new chairman of the National Multi-Commodity Exchange of India. His appointment has been approved by the Forward Markets Commission for NMCE, country’s first demutualised commodity exchange of India.
• A new judge has been appointed for Jharkhand high court. President Pratibha Patil has appointed the Chief Justice of the Jharkhand High Court, R. Banumathi. She was working as district judge in Madras High Court when her name was shortlisted and recommended for her elevation as chief justice in Jharkhand high court.
• Prasar Bharati, India's public broadcaster has signed an agreement with Radio-Television of Slovenia (RTV-SLO) to show each other's content to their audiences and also cooperates in other areas of programming. The agreement was signed between the international department of RTV SLO head, Suzana Vidas Karoli and Prasar Bharati member personnel, VAM Hussain. The agreement will strengthen friendly relations between the two countries.
• To commemorate the birth anniversary of India’s first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, National Children’s Day was observed on November 14 across India. Various programs and events were held in schools to mark this day. The day is celebrated every year to honor Jawaharlal Nehru’s affection towards children.
• Mahindra & Mahindra an Indian multinational automobile manufacturing corporation hired V S Parthasarathy to replace - Bharat Doshi as chief financial officer. Parthasarathy’s appointment approved after the Executive Director & Group Chief Financial Officer - Bharat Doshi leave the post voluntarily.
• To make India hunger free completely by the year 2020, Haryana has declared the launch of its first Food Bank as part of the India Food Banking Network (IFBN). Global food major Cargill and India Food Banking Network (IFBN) is supporting the food bank to eliminate poverty and provide food nearby the areas of Gurgaon.
• Micro- blogging site Twitter has appointed Parminder Singh as its new Managing Director of India, Asia and North Africa. Prior to joining Twitter, he was in Google working as a Managing Director in Display Solution Sales for Asia Pacific Region. With his joining, he has become the third person to switch from Google to Twitter within a year.